The V2 lift was originally constructed as part of a 3 lift system in the Dinorwig Slate Quarry in 1875 designed to carry slate filled narrow gauge waggons up and down the quarry face. It fell into disrepair when the quarry ceased production.
It was restored in 1998 and is part of the Welsh Slate Museum complex in Llanberis and is the only working incline in the UK.
|1875 Restored 1998
|Number of Cars
|Open to Public