This cliff railway served Cliftonville lido, in Margate the top entrance east of the lido pool and opposite Athelstan Rd. It was constructed in winter 1912/1913 by Waygood-Otis and ran from June to September. It was shut in the late 1970's althougth some parts are still visible. The lift ran down a 45° slope behind a brick retaining wall parallel to the cliff face. The counter balanced weight was in a vertical shaft.
Reproduced with the kind permission of Kevin Lane
|Date Opened||?/?/1913||Length||21 m|
|Gradient||1:1.38||Track Gauge||1524 mm|
|Number of Cars||1||Open to Public||Yes|
|Funicular Type||Track layout|
|Power Source||Railway Status|