There were at least 5 inclines serving these quarries, three inclines on the west side of the valley, Lower Parc, Upper Parc and Jacob's Ladder. There were also two on the west side.
The Croesor Tramway was built in 1864 to carry goods and mineral traffic (ie slate) from the Croesor Quarries to Porthmadog. The line served the Croesor Quarry, the Rhosydd Quarry, and a number of others. The original tramway was not constructed after an Act of Parliament, as the Ffestiniog Railway had been, and never carried passengers. In fact, it never owned any motive power, renting horses from local farmers. The line was later taken over by the Croesor and Port Madoc Railway (1865) and later the Portmadoc, Croesor and Beddgelert Tram Railway Company (1879), but the gauge remained the same. Most of the line was later encorporated into the Welsh Highland, and will be rebuilt later this decade as part of the rebuilding of the Welsh Highland Railway (led by the Ffestiniog Railway Group).The line itself was 4 miles 50 chains long, starting at Lower Park Incline and ending at Oakely Slate Wharf (alongside the Ffestiniog Railway).